Sunday, November 4, 2012

Something to look forward to in the mail

If anyone out there is like me, you looked forward to that monthly magazine waiting for you in the mailbox. I had subscriptions to Game Informer, EGM, and Nintendo Power for the longest time. But now they are all gone. But I did find a new thing that I can get excited seeing once a month in my mail besides spam and bills. It's called SakuraBox.
SakuraBox is a monthly Japanese candy club! Once a month you get an adorable box in the mail.
And inside is a fun goodie-bag filled with Japanese sweets!
The creators of this idea were originally born in Japan, but moved to the States. Family who still lived over-seas would send them sweets from home. And they thought it would be a great thing to share with others. The Japanese are famous for having such a variety in candy, and many are only available during certain seasons. This is the best way to try many new things and get your hands on something that would normally be really hard to find.
I just love it! Lately I've found that American candies and sweets have just not been enjoyable for me. Americans tend to just add sugar on top of sugar. There is nothing substantial for a 'grown-up' palate. So I've turned to Japan and Europe for my sweet-tooth. And well...almost all food, if I can afford it. The rest of the world eats so much better than we do. Especially with candy!
Anyone out there who enjoys trying something new or just looking for something MORE in their sweets, I highly recommend SakuraBox. They wrap it so nicely, and add a sweet personalized hand-written note to all their customers! Here's their website: http://sakurabox.com/ Next month is KitKat month! Can't wait to see what flavors they have. Thank you so much readers. Coming up I'll have to post taste-tests of my new candy!

No comments: